Premises Licence – Guidance in relation to Plans
The plan will need to be in “prescribed form”.
• It must be drawn to the standard scale – 1:100
• The plan must show:
– The location of the extent of the boundary of the building, if relevant, and any external and internal walls which comprise the premises, or in which the premises is comprised;
– The location of exits from the premises and if different, the location of escape routes from the premises;
– The locations on or from the premises which are to be used for the licensable
– Fixed structures (including furniture) or similar objects temporarily in a fixed location which may impact on the ability of individuals on the premises to use exits or escape routes without impediment;
– The location and type of any fire safety and any other safety equipment including, if applicable, marine safety equipment;
– In a case where the premises includes a stage or raised area, the location and height of each stage or area relative to the floor;
– In a case where the premises includes any steps, stairs, elevators or lifts, the location of the steps, stairs, elevators or lifts;
– In the case where the premises includes any room or rooms containing public conveniences, the location of the room or rooms;
– The location of a kitchen, if any, on the premises.
The plan may include a legend through which the matters mentioned or referred to above are sufficiently illustrated by the use of symbols on the plan.
Plans – Guidance